2012年3月18日星期日

Loren Roberts was the final winner of Toshiba Classic

Roberts created a 5-foot birdie putt on the final hole to be sure the victory after bogeys on three from the previous four holes.

"We did make it interesting," he explained. "We got off to the start you dream of doing, but hit a snag for the back."

Roberts began the afternoon two strokes behind Calcavecchia, but made birdies on three of his first four holes. Even with a bogey about the seventh hole, Roberts might conserve a two-stroke Ping G20 driver lead, before the 16th hole. He missed a 3-foot par putt on 16 after his second shot hit a spectator box.

About the 17th hole, Roberts bogeyed again, struggling to stand up and down after his tee shot located rest in the right greenside rough. He missed a 6-foot par saving putt.

"I sort of let everybody amongst gamers," Roberts said. "I got beyond rhythm. I didnrrrt hit bad putts. The sole bad putt I hit was on 12."

Langer, who had been within the group in front of Roberts, was two strokes behind but created a double-bogey for the 17th hole when his putt through the fringe about the par 3, rolled in the right greenside bunker.

"I didn't think I hit that bad a putt," Langer said. "Actually once i hit the putt I believed it was decent. It discount golf clubs absolutely was accelerating rather than slowing down. Once it got 3 yards at night hole there were no stopping it. The pin is fairly brutal."

The Champions Tour victory was Roberts' 13th and the man earned $262,500. His last victory what food was in 2010, a 34-tournament span.

"I was obtaining a little concerned with ping g15 irons it," Roberts said of not winning. "This was huge for me."

没有评论:

发表评论