2012年3月29日星期四

Wright doesn't feel pressure any more

The struggle stretches back years, a long time before she'd her best season about the LPGA tour when she reached No. 12 in the world rankings and had two top-four finishes in majors, including a fourth inside the Kraft Nabisco Championship. Finally overcoming her stubborn side, she sought and received medical aid in January of this past year and was added to daily medication that she still takes. She also reached a place where ping g15 driver she could admit she'd a difficulty.

That powerful combination has Wright feeling better nowadays. After nearly quitting the action ?a she didn't touch a golf club iron the very last four months of 2011 and dealing various jobs with the New South Wales State Open as well as the Australian Open men's golf events a few months ago ?a she dusted off of the clubs and won the modern Zealand Women's Open in February.

Which has a 5-under-par 67 for the sun-baked Dinah Shore Tournament Course at Mission Hills Country Club, during which she didn't miss a fairway and shot 5-under 31 for my child front nine, Wright shot the lowest round one of the morning wave of players and trails pace-setter Amy Yang by one shot.

"There's no pressure on my own game," Wright said. "I'm really enjoying my golf; it is not a grind anymore. I'm actually enjoying it, the nice and also the bad. It had been among those days, everything Ping G20 Hybrid just felt good. I did not feel intense. It was just going smoothly."

"You know, 6 under par, it had been an incredible day," said Yang, who's four international victories but is looking for her first LPGA tour win. "My game felt good. Everything was working well. I do believe especially my putting; it absolutely was working a lot better than at other tournaments. I had created a couple of shots that went to the trees, and they were difficult to play, but I had good quality par saves and good birdie putts."

"I would have been a little disappointed today," said Tseng, who's won three from the five events in 2010 around the LPGA tour, such as the last two. "I didn't leave myself with plenty of birdie chances. I didn't have good way control with my second shots. But I'm still pretty happy. I'm for the first page from the leader board. It's only the first day of the tournament.

"I'm looking forward to the next 3 days."

Defending champion Stacy Lewis made four consecutive bogeys following her first nine and shot 74. Paula Creamer, who has never registered a top-10 within this tournament, made a birdie to be with her final hole and shot 69. In a large group at 71 were Cristie Kerr, Karrie Webb and Ai Miyazato.

After her round, Wright made a decision to speak much more about her struggles than her golf.

"I'd gotten somewhat sick and tired with not lying, but dancing, around the problem," she said. "People would say, 'Oh, wrong along with your golf, what is happening together with your golf?' I thought, it's not golf, it's my head. It's me.

"And to tell the truth, I have seen a lot of people who have had and dealt with depression and anxiety, and there's that stigma that you don't want to talk about it as you can't find it. For those discount golf clubs who have a broken leg, the truth is it, and people go, oh, there is the empathy. So for me, I just had to be honest. I became on tablets, I've had psychologists, psychiatrists and i am mental.

"I've got to laugh about this. There was times when it absolutely was horrible. But to obtain help and be motivated to accomplish that made this kind of impact on me. If me saying something will help somebody that is struggling or has problems, I feel like I've a amount of a responsibility to achieve that."

Her lowest moments do your best, she said, arrived the haunting darkness with the late-night hours.

没有评论:

发表评论